birds around the world
Introduce the Bird Theme at Circle Time
- What does a bird look like?
- What makes a bird different than a dog?
- Are there birds around your home?
- Do you have a bird as a pet?
- Where do baby birds come from?
- What colors do you see on birds?
Fun Facts About Birds for a Preschool Lesson Plan
Provide the children with some basic facts about birds, without getting into a lot of detail. In this way, young children can rehearse what they already know, be provided affirmation of their own knowledge, and for some, be learning the basic information for the first time. Some bird facts to give preschool children:
- Birds are the only animal with feathers.
- Most birds can fly.
- Birds have beaks.
- Birds have two legs.
- Birds make nests.
- Birds lay eggs.
- Birds are warm blooded.
- There are more than 9,000 species of birds.
- Birds can be found around the world.
- Birds come in many different sizes, colors and shapes.
Birds From Around The World
- Arctic Birds: penguins, snowy owl
- Tropical Birds: parrots, flamingo, peacock
- "Local" Birds: ducks pigeons, robin
- Desert Birds: roadrunner, ostrich
- Downunder Birds: kookaburra, kiwi